This Data Protection Policy states how your Personal Data will be managed in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act ("PDPA") which aims to protect personal data of individuals. This Data Protection Policy will give you an understanding of the purposes for which we may collect, use and/or disclose Personal Data. You agree and consent to COLLIN’S® and our companies, affiliates, associated entities, branches, subsidiaries and offices (collectively referred to herein as " COLLIN’S®", "us", "we" or "our") as well as our respective agents, authorized service providers and relevant third parties collecting, using, disclosing and/or sharing your Personal Data in the manner set forth in this Data Protection Policy.
This Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consent which you may have previously provided to us nor does it affect any rights that we may have at law in connection with the collection, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Data. We may from time to time update this Data Protection Policy to ensure that this Data Protection Policy is consistent with our future developments, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. If any material revision is made to this Data Protection Policy, updates will be published at our official websites. Subject to your rights at law, the prevailing terms of the Data Protection Policy shall apply.
Your Personal Data
In this Personal Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone numbers, mailing address, email address, network data and any other information relating to any individual which you have provided us in any form you may have submitted to us, or via other form of interaction with you.
Collection of Personal Data
Generally, COLLIN’S® may collect your Personal Data in the following ways:-
- when you visit our web sites;
- when you enter into a competition or participate in a survey or questionnaire;
- when you register with us for an account and membership;
- when you access our website or perform an online transaction;
- when you interact with any of our employees (including customer service officers and front line service staff);
- when you submit an application to us to purchase our products or use our services;
- when you respond to our request for additional Personal Data;
- when you ask to be included in an email or other mailing list;
- when you request that we contact you;
- when you respond to our promotions; and
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Generally, we may combine information that we collect from you from different means as described above into one customer base and use your personal information in the ways in which you may reasonably expect, including but not limited, to for any of the following purposes:
- evaluating and providing advice and/or recommendations to you regarding the type of products and services suited to your needs;
- assessing and processing any applications or requests made by you for products and services offered by COLLIN’S®;
- communicating with you to inform you of changes and updates to our policies, terms and conditions and other administrative information, including without limitation for the purposes of servicing you in relation to products and services offered to you;
- administering, maintaining, managing and operating the products and services offered to you;
- processing and administering benefits or entitlements in connection with our services or your membership which you have applied for, including the administration of loyalty and rewards programmes;
- verification of your identity for the purpose of providing you with our services;
- responding to your queries and requests and handling complaints;
- providing you with personalised service, including at our customer service touch points;
- conducting market research for statistical profiling and other purposes to understand and determine customer preferences and demographics in order for us to review, develop and improve the products and services which we are providing to you (including without limitation to ensure that the products and services offered are relevant to you);
- managing our infrastructure and business operations and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- archival of documents and records in both electronic and physical form for record keeping purposes;
- maintaining records of customer instructions, whether through hard copy documents, soft copy documents or instructions given via electronic or other means;
- compliance with any applicable statute, rule, law, regulation, judgment, decree, directive, code of practice, guideline, administrative requirement, sanctions regime, court order, agreement between any COLLIN’S® company and an Authority, agreement or treaty between Authorities, internal policies or procedures, which may apply to any COLLIN’S® company or which any such company is subject to, or to assist in or with law enforcement and investigations by any Authority or to comply with any request from an Authority.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested. Where personal data is submitted by you on behalf of another individual or concerns another individual other than yourself (eg. in the case of a guardian applying for a COLLIN’S® Kid’s Club Membership for a child), you represent and warrant to us that all the necessary consents (procured in accordance with all applicable data protection legislation, including without limitation the PDPA, for such purposes stated in the relevant sections of this Data Protection Policy) have been obtained from the relevant individuals and that you have retained proof of these consents, such proof to be provided to us upon our request.
COLLIN’S® may collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data for the purposes, in accordance with the PDPA, for which we have specifically obtained your consent and for the purposes for which you have provided your Personal Data to us.
Marketing / Optional Purposes
Where you have specifically provided us with additional consents, COLLIN’S® may also collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- providing benefits to you, including without limitation promotions, loyalty and reward programmes and sending you details of products, services, special offers and rewards, either to our customers generally, or which may be of interest to you;
- matching your Personal Data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision or offering of products and services, whether by any COLLIN’S® group company, or other third parties;
- administering contests and competitions;
- participation in COLLIN’S® marketing initiatives;
- participation in COLLIN’S® branding activities (including without limitation written or video/audio recordings of your quotes and testimony for media pitching, press releases and COLLIN’S® internal publications and broadcasts );
- invitations to participate in COLLIN’S® corporate sustainability activities, and the video/audio recording of your feedback and testimony in relation thereto; and
- developing special offers and marketing programmes.
If you have provided your Singapore telephone number(s) and have indicated that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your Singapore telephone number(s), then from time to time, we may contact you using such Singapore telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, SMS, fax or other means) with information about our products and services (including discounts and special offers).
Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal Data will be protected and kept confidential but, subject to the provisions of any applicable law, may be disclosed for the purposes listed above (where applicable) to the following parties:
- COLLIN’S® companies;
- agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide services, such as telecommunications, call centre, mailing, information technology, payment, payroll, data processing, training, market research, storage and archival, to COLLIN’S®;
- banks, financial institutions, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- our professional advisers such as our auditors and lawyers;
- any judicial, administrative or regulatory body, any government or public or government agency, or any agents thereof, having jurisdiction over any COLLIN’S® company (collectively referred to as "Authorities" and each an "Authority");
- third party reward, loyalty, privileges and co-branding programme providers;
- any other person in connection with the purposes set forth above.
We may collect or analyse anonymised information from which individuals cannot be identified ("Aggregate Information"), such as number of users and their frequency of use, the number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on our websites and common entry and exit points into our websites.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We may offer links to sites that are not operated by COLLIN’S® and /or its affiliates. If you visit one of these linked sites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of other companies, and any information you submit to those companies is subject to their privacy policies.
Withdrawal of Consent
If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy, you may contact us at email@example.com. Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use or disclosure of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you. Such withdrawal may also result in the termination of any membership you may have with us.
If you have any questions or complaints relating to the use or disclosure of your Personal Data, or if you wish to know more about our data protection policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.